- Workshops & Seminars
- Hand in Hand with the Institutes
- Video Art
- Visual Arts & Design
- Comedy theater/Pantomime
- Street Art
- Educational Program
- Art Festival
- Performing Arts
- New Media
The Meet Market is a non-profit cultural collective of creatives.
Once a month, we put together a 2 day weekend event in various venues, exhibiting and selling what we make along with a full line-up of music from local djs and music producers.
We began in December 2007 and have been growing ever since, with over 150 vendors and more than 3,000 visitors each month.
We are here to:
- create a monthly contemporary market in Athens.
- - celebrate and expose local creativity
- - establish a direct connection between the creator and the consumer
- help develop a diverse cultural scene in Athens
- - invite all ages and types of people to join us in an environment of audio – visual stimulation
- - encourage an interactive platform for various creative outlets
- - expose different cultural spaces and places around Athens (and Greece)
- -support the independents, small scale businesses and local economy
* All sales and interactions at the Meet Market are conducted legally, and we do not take a percentage from any sale.
The Meet Market at Technopolis <<CIty of Athens>>
Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 October, 2012
Pireos 100, Gazi 11854
Nikos Gatsos Hall D12 & Outdoor Yard
Saturday: 15:00 – 00:00 / Sunday: 15:00 – 00:00
The sun is still shining and the air is still warm, and so the Meet Market is still in summer mode. We’ll be both indoor and outdoor this October 13 & 14 at Texnopolis, with over 120 stalls and tents from our local creative talents. Expect to find plenty of our regular favorite faces, but loads of new participants too, exhibiting and selling their most recent seasonal inspirations. And as always, we’ll have plenty of djs and music to keep the vibe alive and festive.
This October’s Meet Market will also feature live colorful painting for children, from Athenian mural/grafitti artist RTM aka “Imaginary Rooms”, so make sure you bring your little friends and family members. And ofcourse, don’t forget to stop by the central Meet Market tameo to play our game and win free prizes. We don’t any one to leave empty handed.
The Meet Market: A 2 day celebration of the entrepreneurial spirit… A nomadic market place of local goods, fresh ideas and friendly folk. An audio-visual jigsaw of handmade & independently designed clothes, accessories, art, objects, organic body products, home ware, tasty food, vintage & retro collectables, records, interactive games, free prizes, dj sets and good vibes