- Workshops & Seminars
- Hand in Hand with the Institutes
- Video Art
- Visual Arts & Design
- Comedy theater/Pantomime
- Street Art
- Educational Program
- Art Festival
- Performing Arts
- New Media
- Shadow Theatre
- Video Festival
- Musical Theatre
- Puppet Theatre
- Archaeological Sites
- Art Magazines
- Digital Arts
- StandUp Comedy
- Film Festival
- Print Art
5-day intensive jazz course in English, for musicians and music students.
The first Jazz Summer Academy ever held on Paros.
July 7 – 13, 2011
“During this course, depending on your skill level, your goals and your time constraints, we will try to help you break it all down and raise the level of performance of each participant. We will try through our experience to face all the issues surrounding your interrogations in music. We will show you through different methods and examples how to transcribe, be disciplined and write for example your own exercises. We will try to teach you how and what to listen to in order to develop your ears. We will talk about time and energy and the importance of practicing slowly. By listening to other types of music, we will try to be imaginative, and by playing together we will try to simply have fun.”
– Harmonic progressions, blues and jazz standards
– The role of different functions: soloist, rhythm section, relationship with other musicians in the group.
– Notions of form, rhythm, phrasing… and how to integrate these parameters in a musical improvisation
– Improvisation in various forms: chord changes, free…
– Ear training
– How to strengthen the sense of “time”.
– Tips for listening to music
– Instrumental technique, how to practise and explore his own instrument.
– mental management of stage fright, solo playing, energy during a performance